Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - AFC Championship Game

The Patriots play the AFC Championship Game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos on Sunday January 24th at 3:05 PM.


Awwww!  The Denver Broncos?!


Chung Power Rankings:

1) Patrick

2) Jose

3) Wang

4) -king Express

5) Jamie


Here are three guys I'll be watching closely on Sunday:

1) Patrick Chung - Not quite excellent, but Patrick Chung has been very good all year.  Probably his best year as a pro in his seventh season.

2) Jamie Collins - If everybody is relatively healthy, I feel like we can win this game on defense.  If we can keep Denver under 20, we should be good.

3) Dont'a Hightower - Again... I apologize for calling him a bust in his rookie season.


My prediction: Pats 24, Broncos 15


*****
And now we conclude The Adventures of Julian Edelman, Private Dick.

"You guys don't do protein shakes, right?"

"That's correct."

"But you can do milkshakes?"

"That's also correct."

"Can you throw a burger patty in with my salted caramel shake?  You don't need to check with your manager or anything.  Just go for it!  I'll give you an extra buck."

"Raw or cooked?"

"Let's try raw.  That's got more protein, right?."

"Whatever you say, sir."

It's me.  Jules.  On the job.

It started out as a simple cheating husband case... But then it became personal.  There's a lot for me to keep straight.  But I'm doing work.

I also got hurt in Week 10 against the Giants.  Not good times, amigos.

Now I've got my rehab, my regular team duties (film sessions, workouts, making fun of Brady's fashion choices), and this case.

I arraigned a meeting with the Suspicious Wife and Real Estate Developer Husband.  (Might as well meet at Five Guys.  Figured I was going by there anyway.)  

Never let someone arrive at a location before you.  That's good detective work AND good hustle.  (Unless you're following somebody, I guess.  How would that work?  I'll have to get back to you on that.)

"OK... Let's talk this out.  She thinks you're cheating.  Can you explain what you've been up to?"

"I've been working late.  I've got a big development project coming up.  Really.  That's all.  What's this all about?  And who are you?"

"I'll ask the questions here.  Did you send your Giant henchmen after me in mid-November?"

"What?"

"Are you getting squirrelly with me, Sir?"

"I'm sorry... What does that mean?"

"And Five Guys... Why are you closing down my Five Guys?"

"What?  Oh, the development project.  It'll be relocated to another part of the property.  You have nothing to worry about."

"Oh.  OK then.  I did not realize that.  Ma'am... Are you satisfied with these answers?"

"Yes.  Completely."

"And you Sir... Do you think you can do a better job of communicating with your wife in the future?"

"I can do that."

I guess everything turned out OK.  Happy endings for Jules.

OK... Let's wrap this up.  I'm due back at a walk through in 10 minutes.  Better finish my burger-shake.

Time to grind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 1

The New England Patriots play Jalen Hurts and the Philadelphia Eagles at Gillette Stadium on Sunday September 10th at 4:25 PM. With the Dolphins, Bills and even the (gulp)  Jets all trending upward, and the Patriots shopping for offensive linemen at the TJ Maxx close out rack, this could be a very  long season. In five short years, we've gone from "Can we just skip ahead to the AFC Championship Game already?" to "Boy, it sure would be swell to win a playoff game again someday!" Based on what I saw in the preseason, I think we're looking at an above average defense and a below average offense. This is maybe a   6 and 11 team.  I have no idea how I'm going to get through this year. I knew the post-Brady transition was going to be hard... But I just didn't think it would be managed this poorly. As such, we'll be slowly transitioning this little weekly fan newsletter into a support group.  Just a quick reminder of what last season looked like. Gene p

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 2

The New England Patriots play Tua Tagovailoa and the Miami Dolphins at Gillette Stadium on Sunday September 17th at 8:20 PM. Jabrill Peppers gave them a chance. Rough loss in week 1. Despite a horrific first quarter, they were in that game late. And they couldn't close it out. No moral victories. Bloom Power Rankings: 1) In 2) County 3) Bialystock and 4) Rachel 5) Orlando ... 11,997) Chaim Here are three things I wasn't particularly excited about last week: 1) The offense coming up small when the game was on the line. The defense gave them a chance. I'm seeing a pattern here. 2) The continued streak of being unable to win when the other team scores 25 points. 3) Giving away the ball. "We don't want it. You take it!" Did the Patriots score 20 points last week? Just barely. 2010s Jam of the Week The Joy Formidable - Whirring My prediction: Dolphins 34, Patriots 14 ***** This week we have Bill O'Brien, Reluctant Dungeon Master. Why is there so much text here?

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 5

The New England Patriots play Derek Carr and the New Orleans Saints at Gillette Stadium on Sunday October 8th at 1:00 PM. I'd like to thank the Patriots for letting me off the hook early this year. No messing around this time. They are  definitely   not  a playoff team. I'm done talking about Mac Jones. I have nothing nice to say about him. Please don't mention his name to me ever again. "He's good! He just needs better weapons around him!" /throws ball two yards short of wide open receiver Jean-Luc power rankings: 1) Godard 2) Picard If I had to talk myself into it, here are three things I'm feeling kinda sorta OK about this year so far: 1) Some of the rookies have been mostly good, especially Christian Gonzalez.  (And now he's hurt!) 2) Probably going to see a lot more Keion White with Judon going down. 3) Demario Douglas might be good. Just hang on to the football. Did the Patriots score 20 last week? My Brothers and Sisters of Our Lady of the Immac