Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - AFC Divisional Playoff Game

The Patriots host the AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette against Alex Smith and the Kansas City Chiefs on Saturday January 16th and 4:30 PM


A normal sized human tries to cover The Gronk


What's wrong with this team right now?  Are they healthy?  Are they smoking something?  Why does the coach have a black eye?  Why so many distractions?  How did this team lose 4 of its last 6 games?

I'm not liking it.  Something feels off.  Too many questions.

The good news is... At least we're not getting Phil Simms this week!


Alan Power Rankings:

1) Rickman

2) Branch

3) Ruck (he's married to Mireille Enos?!)

4) Smithee

5) Alda

6) Alan from Sesame Street

7) Tudyk


Here's three things I'm worried about going into this week's game:


1) Chandler Jones - Chandler Jones pulled a Robert Downey Jr. last week.  Why you do this thing, Chandler Jones?  It you're not sure what it is or where it came from, don't smoke it.

2) Rob Gronkowski - Gronkowski missed practice with knee AND back problems this week?  Ugh.

3) Steven Jackson - Can we count on you this week, Steven Jackson?  You should at least have fresh legs from taking the whole season off.  (You know what?  I take that back.  I hope we DON'T run the ball much this week.  If Jackson is a major part of the game plan, we're boned.  I want to see them go back to slinging it. Let's just pretend item 3 was JULIAN EDELMAN)


My prediction: Pats 27, Chiefs 21

(Unless it's 14 - 0 Chiefs after the first quarter.  Then just forget it.)


*****
This week we have Fake Josh McDaniels filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

What up, Bros and Lady Bros?

This really might be it for Your Old Pal Josh.

There's other opportunities out there.  Lotsa buzz about Josh finally getting a second crack at an HC position.

End of the road.  Last year coming in to 1 Patriot Place every day.

But still... The memories here... So many victories... So many good times.... So many brews... So many burritos...

I'm even going to miss that Bearded Lump Patricia.  But don't tell him I said that.

(I'm not crying... YOU'RE CRYING.)

Thanks for the good times.

Until next time... take it easy, Brahs.

JAY MICK DEE OUT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...