Well... That game was closer than it should have been. But at least we didn't lose to the Jets last week. Those loses really sting.
Facts of Life Power Rankings:
1) Mrs. Garrett
Here are five guys on defense I'll be watching this week:
1) Darrelle Revis - Hopefully he can make it to the game on time.
2) Akeem Ayers / Alan Branch / Casey Walker / whoever else you want to pull in off the street - We're going to get run on. It's not going to be pretty. I've come to accept this.
3) Patrick Chung - Hasn't been a complete disaster this year. Possibly even an upgrade over Steve Gregory.
4) Kyle Arrington - Somehow still on the team! $4M a year seems like a lot for a guy who's probably your 4th or 5th corner. But hey... It's not my money.
5) Vince Wilfork - They're still playing Wilfork a ton. I'd like to see them ease up on his workload for this part of the season and hopefully have him around for a playoff run.
Did Michael Hoomanawanui have a catch last week?
Was Aaron Dobson active last week?
Danny Amendola Reception Tracker:
Amendola now has 5 more receptions than I do for the season.
(He only had one last week, but it was a big one.)
Pats 31, Bears 27
This week we have Fake Josh McDaniels filling for Fake Bill Belichick.
What up, Bros and Lady Bros?
Last time we talked, the offense was in a funk. And not the good kind of funk.
Josh worked his magic. Since then we're back to scoring like 50 points a game. (ed. note: 35)
Josh tries to be a good guy. Josh tries not to make any enemies around the league. Life is short, you know?
And besides... If you stick around long enough, you might end up working with some of these guys again someday.
But with this Jay Cutler guy... It's personal.
He tried to derail the McDaniels Train in Denver before it even left the station. Total tool, this guy. Even his own teammates don't like him.
Needless to say, we will NOT be grabbing a brew and a burrito together after the game.
We better not lose this game on Sunday. I'll run onto the field and take him out at the knees myself if I have to.
Until next time... take it easy, Brahs.
JAY MICK DEE OUT.