I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances on Sunday.
Again... Thanks for coming along for the ride. It's been an entertaining season.
Who's got 15? Anyone?
Super Power Rankings:
3) being able to find a parking space when you really need one
5) telekinesis, Kyle
Here's three things I'm looking forward to watching Sunday night:
1) Malcolm Butler / Devin McCourty / Patrick Chung - I'm putting a lot of responsibility on the secondary this week (note - not actually my decision). The defense doesn't have to be GREAT. Just be VERY GOOD and get a few big stops.
2) LeGarrette Blount / Dion Lewis - Whenever I think we're going to get one of these guys as the feature back in the game plan that week, we end up getting the other guy. So I'm just going to list them together and hope we get a good showing out the RB position on Sunday.
3) Offensive Line - The biggest reason the Pats lost Super Bowl 42 was that the line played like poo. Keep Tom upright and he should be able to pick a suspect Falcons defense clean.
FREE AGENT WATCH: Has Malcolm Butler,
Did Malcolm Mitchell have a catch last week? Yes! But he also had a drop in the Red Zone. That's not how you stay in Tom's Circle of Trust, Malcolm.
My prediction: Pats 34, Falcons 31
This week we have Fake Matt Patricia filling for Fake Bill Belichick.
Hello Carbon Based Lifeforms. As always... Hope this correspondence finds you warm and comfortable with a variety of snacks and craft beers readily available to you.
I won't be hosting a Super Bowl party at my apartment this year. Mostly because my landlady asks that I respect her Quiet Hours after 9:00 PM. But also because I'll be coaching in it again.
Maybe I'll have a Pie Party over at my place the following week. Some people say you can only have a Pie Party on March 14th. But those people are not your friends.
Pie is probably my favorite food to make AND eat. There's just so many great things you can do with pie! There's so many different varieties and combinations and things you can emphasize... Just a like a good defense! I'll let you know how the Pie Party goes.
Also, don't make wings. Chicken wings on Super Bowl Sunday are totally over done.
But if you're going to do wings anyway, try this recipe:
3 pounds chicken wings
1 large onion, chopped
1 c brown sugar
1 c soy sauce
1/4 c cooking sherry
2 t ginger
2 cloves garlic
- rinse and pat dry wings
- broil wings 20 minutes on broiler pan (10 minutes per side)
- transfer wings to crock pot
- combine ingredients, pour over wings
- cover and cook 2 - 3 hours on high (or 5 - 6 hours on low)
Good luck to the team on Sunday! (Even though luck is an artificial construct humans use to describe things that can be explained by probability and careful analysis!)