Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 10

 The 5 - 4 New England Patriots play Baker Mayfield and the Cleveland Browns at Gillette Stadium on Sunday November 14th at 1:00 PM.

Hold on to that ball, Rhamondre Stevenson!


I have no complaints after last week. Solid road win. Feels good to be over .500 again.

Game ball to Jamie Collins. Jamie Collins' interception was insane. (Gah! Now he's on IR.)

Subtle nod to Brandon Bolden. I'm not the world's biggest Brandon Bolden fan, but I'll begrudgingly admit he's been relatively good the last few weeks. Hopefully we'll get some production from the running backs group back this week. It looks like Damien Harris is going to be out. I don't know who is still healthy.

Baker Power Rankings:

1) Joe Don

2) Street

3) Kenny

4) Danielle Pana-

5) Mayfield


Here are three guys on the offensive line I'll be watching this week:

1) Trent Brown - Welcome back, Trent Brown. If he can stay healthy, he's a game changer.

2) David Andrews - The offensive line hasn't been great this year, but Andrews has been solid in the middle.

3)  Isaiah Wynn - Right tackle Isaiah Wynn seems to grade out fairly high. He seems somewhat inconsistent to my untrained eye.


Did J.C. Jackson have an interception last week?

Two! Returning one of them for a touchdown.

His asking price keeps going up by the week.


Cookie of the Week


Toasted oatmeal coconut walnut chocolate chip cookies.

I thought these up while I was out for a run. I spend a lot of time thinking about food while I'm running.

Take 1.5 C oatmeal and roast it on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 350. Then let that cool and grind it in a food processor. From there it's a basic oatmeal cookie recipe. Add 1/2 cup of coconut, 1/2 cup walnuts.


Great British Jam of the Week

The Joy Formidable - Whirring 


Duncan's Pick of the Week.

With Nick Chubb out this week, Duncan likes the Patriots in their home gray uniforms 24 - 21.


How good does Pat feel about this team making the playoffs this year?

48.5% 

*****

This week we have the absolutely jacked Fake Troy Brown reporting from deep within the World Headquarters of the Patriot Empire

Hello Citizens of Patriot Nation.

Not naming any names, BUT... This is what I'm hearing.

On the issue of questionable flatulence in Foxboro -  I assure you the suspicious farts heard during my media session last week were NOT live farts. I have the people on my staff doing the research, but we have reason to believe the Fart Machine was put there by a certain coach's son.

Next time we'll discuss the fact that, while the Earth may not be flat, Florida sure is.

Until then, stay vigilant. Get vaccinated. And clear your browser cache.

*****

Additional ebooks by P. Canole available here:

https://pcanole.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...