Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 2

The defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots play Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Miami Dolphins on Sunday September 15th at 1:00 PM at Joe Robbie Stadium Pro Player Park Pro Player Stadium Dolphins Stadium Land Shark Hard Rock Stadium.




With the help of Matthew Lesko, I'm applying for a $12,000 government loan to search for the missing Pittsburgh game plan from last week.


Pretty good opening statement last week. We're going to suck again someday. And it's going to hurt a lot. But, in the meantime, I'll take this for as long as it lasts.

I'm not a good enough writer to delve into all the what have yous of Antonio Brown stuff. But I will say that I don't think he's worth the trouble. The guy has more baggage than Logan airport.

Kevin power rankings:

1) McCallister (Home Alone)

2) Durant

3) Faulk

4) Garnett

5) O'Connor

6) Youkilis

7) Smith

8) Murphy

9) McHale

10) (the bird from Up)


Here's three things I liked last week:

1) The whole WR group had a great game. Phillip Dorsett looked great. Josh Gordon had a terrific game. Edelman is still amazing. Edelman double pass?!

2) Michael Bennett dropping a “Wakanda Forever” in his introduction.

3) The defense hasn't allowed a touch down since the AFC Championship game in Kansas City


Did Jakobi Meyers have a catch last game? 

Yes!


Here's Week 2 of The Buck Stops Here, featuring some of R.E.M. guitarist Peter Buck's tastiest riffs.

Turn You Inside Out


The guitar here is awfully agressive. Menacing, even. The drums, too. I remember hearing this song as a young man and being intimitated by it.

The video seems a little dated. Stipe wouldn't lip sync, if I recal correctly.


My prediction: Pats 47, Dolphins 17


*****

"Thoughts on a Schedule", Howard Phillips Lovecraft, defensive scouting assistant, special to Thursday Morning Third Down Back

What wisdom can be derived about an upcoming NFL season from a scattering of meaningless preseason games? What say these events about the absurdity of mankind's existence and our place in the cosmos... when rarely do the starters play more than a handful of simultaneous snaps on the field of battle? Surely an insult to the gods.

I have glimpsed the beyond, and have reviewed the upcoming schedule for the 2019 season of the Patriots of New England in great detail. And to look upon it is... sheer madness. A journey of months and months, descending into the darkest hell imaginable. An unobtainable quest, sure to end in despair.

Eh, who am I kidding? The schedule isn't that bad. Even without The Gronk, this team should be able to snooze its way to 12 - 4. Wake me from my chilly autumnal slumber when the playoffs have begun.

In college football this weekend, I like Arkham State giving three on the road to Miskatonic University.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...