Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 12

The New England Patriots play either Sam Darnold or Josh McCown and the New York Jets of New Jersey at MetLife Stadium on Sunday November 25th at 1:00 PM.

Everybody rested and energized after the bye week?  Great!  Let's go!

This is the least good 7 - 3 team I can remember.  They embarrass themselves on the road.  They forget to play defense for long stretches at a time.  The 2018 offense is the Diet Berkley and Jensen Cola version of the Patriots offense...

...and yet they've still got a decent chance at the two seed and a first round bye.


Side Dish Power Rankings:

1) mashed potatoes

2) stuffing

3) bread / cornbread / rolls

4) everything else

...

11,997) Butternut


GIVE ME ALL THE STARCHES.


Here are three things I'm ready to get offensive about this week:

1) Chris Hogan - I thought for sure this was going to be Hogan's breakout year.  And yet he's averaging under 2.5 catches per game.  I'm baffled.

2) Rob Gronkowski - Either they're saving him for the playoffs or he's really almost done.

3) The Celtics - I'm not panicking yet... but I'm thinking about it.


Did Rob Gronkowski play last week?  He did not!


Recipe of the Week

Buttermilk Cornbread

You do keep buttermilk in the house for baking, right?

(silently judging you...)


Essential mid-period Bowie Song of the Week

Cat People

(disclaimer - DO NOT attempt to put out actual fires with gasoline)

*****

This week we have Fake Matt Patricia filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

Hello Carbon Based Lifeforms.  As always... Hope this correspondence finds you warm and comfortable with a variety of leftovers and pie options readily available to you.

I've moved on to Detroit.  I'm a head coach now!  I'm actually working on Thursday this year...  But I'll always love Thanksgiving in New England.  I'm still thinking about you guys.

Being a head coach is hard work!  There's so much more to think about.  I'm hardly getting any movie time in these days.

(If you're looking for a good Netflix watch between naps and football games, I recommend The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.  I love me some Coens.  Or Green Room.  Green Room is total ownage.)

OK, I guess I'm still getting some movie time in.  Just not as much as I'd like.

And I don't even know what's going on with video games and craft beers these days.  Jeesh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...