Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots play Jay Cutler and the Miami Dolphins at Joe Robbie Stadium Pro Player Park Pro Player Stadium Dolphin Stadium Land Shark Stadium Sun Life Stadium Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida on Monday December 11th at 8:30 PM.

Late night Monday Night Football, eh?  I probably won't be able to watch the game with my sons Han and Chewie.


"Use your harpoons and tow cables. Go for the legs. It might be our only chance of stopping them"

Lee Power Rankings:

1) Bruce

2) Christopher

3) Geddy

4) Eric

5) Fields

6) Tenacious

7) Jamie Curtis

8) -lee Sobieski

9) Massachusetts

10) Pace

11) David Roth


Decent game last week.  Thursday Morning Third Down Back Game Balls (TM) go to :

1) Eric Lee (who?) for having the game of his life against his former team last week.  Interception!  Sack!

2) Dion Lewis - Dion had 92 yards on 15 carries for a gaudy 6.1 yard average. 

3) Rex Burkhead - Rex also averaged over 6 yards per card and added two touchdowns.  That's a great rushing attack!

My prediction: Pats 24, Dolphins 17

*****

This week we have Fake Matt Patricia filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

Hello Carbon Based Lifeforms.  I hope this correspondence finds you well.

Did you guys get some snow this weekend?  Whenever I have to drive somewhere in the snow, I like to pretend I'm Luke on Hoth flying a T-47 airspeeder.  Whoosh!

I don't really get to take many personal days in my line of work.  It's going to be a struggle to fit Last Jedi in to my schedule, what with back to back road games this week and next week.  Might have to find one of those 3:00 AM movie houses.

Unless I decided to bring the whole defensive unit and call it an offsite team meeting.

Hmmm...  That might be the right call here.

Fake Matt's Recipe of the Week:

Home made Moose Munch

I made this right before Super Bowl XLIX.  So good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...