Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 7

The defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots play Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons at Gillette Stadium on Sunday October 22nd at 8:30 PM.

Not a touchdown

Quinn Power Rankings:

1) Mighty

2) Anthony

3) Colin

4) Doctor

5) Harley

...

39) Dan

An 8:30 PM game?  Yikes.  I'm not going to be able to watch this ones with my sons Macallan and Lagavulin.

I know the Patriots are 4 - 2 but... eh?  I just don't know.

I think at this time last week I would have picked the Falcons over the Patriots.  With the revenge factor and whatnot.  But then... the Falcons blew a 17 point lead and lost to the Dolphins?!  For real?  That can't be right.

1) Dont’a Hightower - He doesn't get a ton of them, but Hightower has this strange ability to just go out and get a sack in a really big moment.

2) Dion Lewis - Lewis got some extra work after Mike Gillislee put one on the ground last week.  He deserves more touches.

(Just two things this week.)

My prediction: Pats 24, Falcons 24

*****
This year, we're going to have regular contributions from Fake Bill Belichick for your reading pleasure.

You guys ever been to Maine?  I try to go up there couple times a year.

People are decent enough.  Good seafood.  Lots of outdoorsy things to do.

I like to go kayaking,  Can't really watch film while you're out there, but it's fun nonetheless.

Sometimes it's better to not have to worry about your 4th safety and your 5th corner.  That gets exhausting after a while.  Can't let the job exterminate that inner fire.  Gotta keep your head clear.

Also, next time I'm in Maine I'm going to ask Stephen King what the heck The Tommyknockers was supposed to be about.

Fake Bill's Yacht Rock Jam of the Week:

Steely Dan -- "Hey Nineteen"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...