Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 11

The New England Patriots play Deshaun Watson and the Houston Texans at NRG Stadium on Sunday November 22nd at 1:00 PM.

That was a good Big Boy win last Sunday night...

...in some of the worst weather I've ever seen professional sports played in. Yikes.


Masks save lives.


Fran Power Rankings:

1) Drescher

2) -k herbert

3) McDormand

4) -kenstein

5) Tarkenton

6) -cis Buxton

7) -çois Truffaut


Here are three things I liked about last week's game against Baltimore:

1) Cam Newton. Good Cam was back last week.

2) Jakobi Meyers. Meyers can play. On a team that mostly runs the ball, he's the number one receiver at this point. And he can throw!

3) Damien Harris. I really like watching Damien Harris play. I find myself yelling at the TV much less than when Sony Michel is out there. He's the Rich Man’s Antowain Smith.


Did the Patriots score a touchdown last week?

Yes!


My prediction: Patriots 17, Texans 12 

*****

This week we have the somehow still employed Fake Matt Patricia filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

Hello Carbon Based Lifeforms.  As always... Hope this correspondence finds you warm and comfortable with a variety of craft beers and handmade pies.

My old team is playing the Texans this week... And my current team is playing them on Thursday. What are the odds? Well, 1 in 32, I suppose.

This Thanksgiving is going to look a little different than most years. Some things may never be the same again. Of course, I'm talking about the PlayStation 5 being out! I'm going to go lock myself in the basement after the game. I don't actually have one yet. I'm just looking for reasons to lock myself in the basement lately.

Fake Matt's beer of the week is Harpoon Winter Warmer.  (Not a paid endorsement!) Yeah, I like nutmeg. You got a problem with that? I'll put nutmeg in anything at this point. I really don't give a heck.

*****

Stories About Dogs and Ice Cream


by P. Canole

Still available from Amazon. A fun thing to do sometime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...