Skip to main content

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 8

The Patriots play their eighth game of the year at Gillette Stadium against the Chicago Bears on Sunday, October 26 at 1:00 PM.

Well... That game was closer than it should have been.  But at least we didn't lose to the Jets last week.  Those loses really sting.


Facts of Life Power Rankings:

5) Natalie

4) Blair

3) Tootie

2) Jo

1) Mrs. Garrett


Here are five guys on defense I'll be watching this week:

1) Darrelle Revis - Hopefully he can make it to the game on time.

2) Akeem Ayers / Alan Branch /  Casey Walker / whoever else you want to pull in off the street - We're going to get run on.  It's not going to be pretty.  I've come to accept this.

3) Patrick Chung - Hasn't been a complete disaster this year.  Possibly even an upgrade over Steve Gregory.

4) Kyle Arrington - Somehow still on the team!  $4M a year seems like a lot for a guy who's probably your 4th or 5th corner.  But hey... It's not my money.

5) Vince Wilfork - They're still playing Wilfork a ton.  I'd like to see them ease up on his workload for this part of the season and hopefully have him around for a playoff run.


Did Michael Hoomanawanui have a catch last week?

Nope.


Was Aaron Dobson active last week?

Nope.


Danny Amendola Reception Tracker:

Amendola now has 5 more receptions than I do for the season.

(He only had one last week, but it was a big one.)


Pats 31, Bears 27

*****

This week we have Fake Josh McDaniels filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

What up, Bros and Lady Bros?

Last time we talked, the offense was in a funk.  And not the good kind of funk.

Josh worked his magic.  Since then we're back to scoring like 50 points a game. (ed. note: 35)

Josh tries to be a good guy.  Josh tries not to make any enemies around the league.  Life is short, you know?

And besides... If you stick around long enough, you might end up working with some of these guys again someday.

But with this Jay Cutler guy... It's personal.

He tried to derail the McDaniels Train in Denver before it even left the station.  Total tool, this guy.  Even his own teammates don't like him.

Needless to say, we will NOT be grabbing a brew and a burrito together after the game.

We better not lose this game on Sunday.  I'll run onto the field and take him out at the knees myself if I have to.

Until next time... take it easy, Brahs.

JAY MICK DEE OUT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...