Skip to main content

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 5

The Patriots play their fifth game of the year at Gillette Stadium against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, October 5 at 8:30 PM.

Not good times.  No game balls for anyone this week.  I'm having a hard time thinking of anything positive to say about that game last week.

What does this team do well?  What are we good at?  Punting?  They need to find an identity fast.

This is an 8 - 8 team at best.  (I should know... I have friends who are Cowboys fans).



Sad Tom is sad.


Brandon Power Rankings:

1) Walsh

2) Workman

3) Lee

4) LaFell

5) Browner


Here's five things I'll be watching for this week:

1) Brandon LaFell - LaFell had a semi-solid game last week.  It would be nice to see them work him into the offense a bit more, just for the sake of variety.

2) Nate Solder - Solder is getting his ass whupped week after week.  This has to get better.

3) Running Backs - Why dress three WRs (well...3.5) last week then throw the ball all over the place?  (They were throwing even before they were down big.)  There were a mere 16 rushing plays last week by my count.  If you're going to be a running team, then run the ball.

4) Darrelle Revis - Has he lost a step?  Or is the coaching staff holding him back?  Either way, I'm underwhelmed.

5) Defensive Line - The D-Line got pummeled last week.  KC ran all over them (then used that to set up their passing game beautifully).  Plus Vince is spending way too much time on the field this early in the season.  Cutting Tommy Kelly looks like a mistake.


Did Michael Hoomanawanui have a catch last week?

No.

/sad trombone


Did Stevan Ridley fumble last week?

No!

Was Aaron Dobson active last week?

No.


My prediction: Pats 2, Bengals 134

*****

This week we have Fake Josh McDaniels filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

What up, Bros and Lady Bros?

Bad week at KC.  I don't want to say it was partially my fault... But I took that loss really personally, you know?

Got on the plane after the game.  Yelled at Patricia until I felt better.  Then I sat down and listened to some Gaga.

Don't judge.  Josh likes minor keys.

Could this be about me and my situation?  Am I in a Bad Romance?

With Bill?  Or Tom?  I don't know... Josh isn't good with metaphors.

I always assumed I'd take over this team from Bill some day... But now I'm not so sure.  Maybe Josh needs an exit plan.  I better go check on how the tech boys are doing with Linder when we land.

Then the stewardess came by and tried to take vaporizer away from me.  What the hell?  I thought this was America?  Can't she see I've had a rough day?

Until next time... take it easy, Brahs.

JAY MICK DEE OUT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...