Skip to main content

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The Patriots play their fourteenth game of the year at Joe Robbie Stadium Pro Player Park Pro Player Stadium Dolphin Stadium Dolphins Stadium Land Shark Stadium Sun Life Stadium against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday December 15 at 1:00 PM.



THAT GUY!  THAT GUY DIDN'T WASH HIS HANDS AFTER USING THE BATHROOM!

Bill Power Rankings:

1) Belichick

2) Murray

3) Clinton

4) Cosby

5) Posters

6) S. Preston, Esq

7) Buffalo

8) Gates

9) Parcells

10) -y dee williams

11) the Cat


Here are five guys who will need to step up this week if the Patriots are going to be beat the Dolphins:

1) Shane Vereen - Another solid week last week.  Believe it or not, he's the team's third leading receiver for the year.  There might still be time to put a Vereen jersey on your Christmas wishlist.

2) Stephen Gostkowski - HOLY CRAP!  ONSIDE KICK!  (Last time the Pats recovered an onside kick was... 1994.)

3) LeGarrette Blount - Considering we got him for almost nothing, he's been quietly putting together a pretty solid season.

4) Matthew Mulligan - Backup tight end with 2 receptions on the season.  Just mentioning him here so you're not yelling "Who is THAT?" when you see #88 on the field on Sunday.

5) Danny Amendola - I haven't really talked about Amendola much this season.  I'm probably still bitter about the Welker thing.  But he's actually been OK when he's been on the field.


BONUS ITEM: Every time the Pats' defense fails to make a play on third down, take a drink.*

(* Note - not responsible if you die from alcohol poisoning. **)

(** Note - Recycled joke.)


Did Michael Hoomanawanui have a catch last week?

No, silly.  He's hurt.

Did Stevan Ridley fumble last week?

No!


My prediction: Pats 28, Dolphins 21

My prediction (Season): 12 - 4

*****

This week we have Fake Josh McDaniels filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

What up, Bros and Lady Bros?

Had to dish out a little discipline this week.  Not my favorite thing to do.  But I'm capable.  Gotta keep the troops in line.

"Edelman!  Get in in my office!"

(Edelman comes running over.)

Josh McDaniels: Take those sunglasses off.  You're inside.

(Edelman takes shades off.  Looks handsomely out the window.)


JM: Why does Ridley think the football is made of lava?  Do you know anything about this?

Julian Edelman (giggling): Uh... No.  I wouldn't know anything about that, Coach.

JM: YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

JE: Maybe just a little.

JM:  No more shenanigans!  This ends today.

JE:  Sure.  Whatevs.

JM: I'm serious.

JE: Listen... Can we hurry this up?  We both know you can't afford to bench me.  You NEED me out there. Besides, Brady and I are going for pedicures this afternoon.


(Edelman puts shades on and stylishly walks away)

Dammit if he wasn't right.  He's got leverage.  I need him more than he needs me.

I may not like the handsome bastard.  But I respect him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 1

The New England Patriots play Jalen Hurts and the Philadelphia Eagles at Gillette Stadium on Sunday September 10th at 4:25 PM. With the Dolphins, Bills and even the (gulp)  Jets all trending upward, and the Patriots shopping for offensive linemen at the TJ Maxx close out rack, this could be a very  long season. In five short years, we've gone from "Can we just skip ahead to the AFC Championship Game already?" to "Boy, it sure would be swell to win a playoff game again someday!" Based on what I saw in the preseason, I think we're looking at an above average defense and a below average offense. This is maybe a   6 and 11 team.  I have no idea how I'm going to get through this year. I knew the post-Brady transition was going to be hard... But I just didn't think it would be managed this poorly. As such, we'll be slowly transitioning this little weekly fan newsletter into a support group.  Just a quick reminder of what last season looked like. Gene p

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 2

The New England Patriots play Tua Tagovailoa and the Miami Dolphins at Gillette Stadium on Sunday September 17th at 8:20 PM. Jabrill Peppers gave them a chance. Rough loss in week 1. Despite a horrific first quarter, they were in that game late. And they couldn't close it out. No moral victories. Bloom Power Rankings: 1) In 2) County 3) Bialystock and 4) Rachel 5) Orlando ... 11,997) Chaim Here are three things I wasn't particularly excited about last week: 1) The offense coming up small when the game was on the line. The defense gave them a chance. I'm seeing a pattern here. 2) The continued streak of being unable to win when the other team scores 25 points. 3) Giving away the ball. "We don't want it. You take it!" Did the Patriots score 20 points last week? Just barely. 2010s Jam of the Week The Joy Formidable - Whirring My prediction: Dolphins 34, Patriots 14 ***** This week we have Bill O'Brien, Reluctant Dungeon Master. Why is there so much text here?

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 5

The New England Patriots play Derek Carr and the New Orleans Saints at Gillette Stadium on Sunday October 8th at 1:00 PM. I'd like to thank the Patriots for letting me off the hook early this year. No messing around this time. They are  definitely   not  a playoff team. I'm done talking about Mac Jones. I have nothing nice to say about him. Please don't mention his name to me ever again. "He's good! He just needs better weapons around him!" /throws ball two yards short of wide open receiver Jean-Luc power rankings: 1) Godard 2) Picard If I had to talk myself into it, here are three things I'm feeling kinda sorta OK about this year so far: 1) Some of the rookies have been mostly good, especially Christian Gonzalez.  (And now he's hurt!) 2) Probably going to see a lot more Keion White with Judon going down. 3) Demario Douglas might be good. Just hang on to the football. Did the Patriots score 20 last week? My Brothers and Sisters of Our Lady of the Immac