The New England Patriots play Sam Darnold and the Seattle Seahawks at Lumen Field (What kind of Severance ass name is that?) Wednesday, September 9th at 8:20 PM. Seriously, NFL? You're killing me with these non-Sunday weeknight games.
It's kinda amazing how this guy resurected his career once he got the stink of the Jets off him.
Normally, I'd be more upset about a loss in the Super Bowl than I was last year. However, this team overacheieved by just about ever metric last season and they lost to a superior Seattle team. The Vrabel / Maye Patriots "arrived" about two seasons ahead of schedule. Also, I no longer have to watch Mac Jones put his whole body into a MAXIMUM EFFORT throw only for the ball to float eight yards. So... it's hard to complain.
The Odyssey Power Rankings
1) Penelope
2) Antinous
3) The Horse
4) Circe
5) Eumaeus
6) Sinon
7) Eurylochus
Honorable mention - the soundtrack.
Here are three new players I'll have my eyes on Wednesday night.
1) A.J. Brown, WR - The mercurial Arthur Juan Brown replaces the even stranger Stefon Diggs as the number one receiver this year. Should be a slight upgrade. Why are wide receivers always such weirdos?
2) Romeo Doubs, WR - Another new addition to the receiving corps this year is former Green Bay Packer Romeo Doubs. Brown is 6'1''. Doubs is 6'2''. Feels like it has been a while since we had any height at the position.
3) Caleb Lomu, OT - Looks like they spent their first round pick on offensive linemen in back to back years. It's still an area that needs improving, but I appreciate the effort.
* NOT a new thing as of yet: a contract extension for Christian Gonzalez.
My prediction: Pats 19, Seahawks 28
*****
This week we have Fake Josh McDaniels stopping by for a visit.
What up, Bros and Lady Bros? You know who was second in the league in points last year? That's right. The New England Patriots. We're so back, Baby.
Palace Intrigue behind the scenes at The Razor? Coup d'état by the bye week? I'm not saying I'd like the chance to take over as Interim HC if Coach Vrabel gets suspended for not being able to keep it in his pants. But I'm also not not saying that.
In the meantime, it's time to ride the Drake Maye Train until the wheels fall off or this o-line gets him hospitalized. FULL THROTTLE. NO BRAKES.
Until next time... take it easy, Brahs. Don't let them get you down.
JAY MICK DEE OUT.
*****
Book 6 - Still Available!
Just Monsters by P. Canole
Medium spooky.
100% AI free.
Additional ebooks by P. Canole available here:
https://pcanole.blogspot.com/


Comments
Post a Comment