Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 4 2025

The second place 1 - 2 New England Patriots host the Carolina Panthers at Gillette on Sunday September 28th at 1:00 PM. Should be a barn burner.

I marinated the football in butter and olive oil before the game last week.

It sucks that they gave away a winnable game last week. Was that a good Pittsburgh team? Eh, not really. Were the Patriots worse? Absolutely.


Season Power Rankings:

1) Salt

2) Autumn

3) Spring

4) of the Witch

5) Tickets


Three Things I'm looking forward to this week:

1) Wide receivers who know which direction to run.

2) Going for it on fourth down.

3) Ball security.


Did the Patriots score 20 points last week? No.

(Bonus points for putting up 33 on a hapless Dolphins team in week 2. If only we could play the Dolphins 17 times a year.)


My prediction: Pats 24, Panthers 21

***

Film Pervert Corner - Neo-Noir Sicko Film of the Week:

Memories of Murder

Dir. Bong Joon Ho. 2003. Not an easy watch!

***

Let's step into Fake Dr. Melfi's office for a quick therapy session.

(looking at notes)

Last week you said "We're so back." This week, you're saying "It's so over." What changed?

You've said it yourself, your expectations weren't that high going into the season. And yet here you are, three weeks later, riding a rollercoaster of emotions. So why do you think you're letting them ruin another Sunday? Why should you let grown men playing a game with a ball have so much say over your emotions?

Of course things could be better. Nobody is telling you to forget about the past. You can acknowledge the past without living in it eternally. Where are we going now? Where would you like to go?

Let's move on. Now... tell me again about your dream where your mother was dressed like Bill Belichick.

***

Book 6 - Still Available!

Just Monsters

Fine Fall reading.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...