Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 5

The New England Patriots play Jared Goff and the Detroit Lions at Gillette Stadium on Sunday October 9th at 1:00 PM

Ad domum.


Cool Dad's Club Meeting tonight 9:00 - 9:05 PM

  - Fall clean up projects (good)

  - Winterizing your house (good)

  - Red Sox not in the playoffs (not good)


Bailey Power Rankings:

1) 's Irish Cream

2) George

3) Beetle

4) Zappe


Here are three things that didn't completely suck in the loss to the Packers:

1) Bailey Zappe - Nobody is saying he's the second coming of Brady or anything, but I thought he played well under the circumstances. I don't think they would have been in it right up until the last minute with Hoyer under center.

2) Matt Patricia - The play calling was less horrible last week.

3) Jack Jones - Do we love to see a rookie corner with a pick six? We do!


Did the Patriots score 20 points last week?

Yes!


90s Jam of the Week

Lush - Superblast!


My prediction: Patriots 31, Lions 30

*****

This week we have Fake Matt Patricia. And why not?

Hello Carbon Based Lifeforms.  I hope this correspondence finds you well. 

I'm back! Did you miss me?

And I'm coaching... the offense now... for some reason? At least until McDaniels flames out in Vegas and is back here in 2024.

I'm approaching my new role this season as the Dungeon Master for an exciting new DnD campaign. The future is whatever we make it... together! 

Right now, we're each figuring out who our characters are. Strengths and weaknesses. What skills we have that mesh together. Trying to find that synergy.

Did everybody read the thiry eight page character sheet I gave them? Excellent! Let's roll those dice.

Fake Matt's beer of the week is Harpoon Flannel Friday.  (Not a paid endorsement!)

*****

Additional ebooks by P. Canole available here:

https://pcanole.blogspot.com/

Linfield 1890. This one's extra spooky. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...