Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 5

The New England Patriots play Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts at Gillette Stadium on Thursday October 4th at 8:20 PM.

HEADS UP, PEOPLE.  THURSDAY GAME THIS WEEK.  EVERYBODY LOOK ALIVE.

It takes a lot of extra effort to crank out a column on these short weeks.  Hopefully I don't hurt myself.  Don't want to pull a hamstring or anything.

Good bounce back game last Sunday.  Good job!

I don't know if Miami was a bit overrated or if we're just a bad matchup for them.



He's back.

Julian Power Rankings:

1) Calendar

2) Edelman

3) Temple

4) -ne Nicholson

5) Voorhees


Here's three things I feel slightly better about this week:

1) The Defensive Line - The defensive line played much better upon Trey Flowers' return.

2) The Secondary - The Patriots lead the league in McCourtys.

3) The running game - Sony Michel might not be a complete bust!

4) BONUS FOURTH ITEM - Mookie Betts for MVP.


Pat's Recipe of the Week

Banana bread!  I love banana bread.  But no one else in the house eats it.  So I end up eating the whole thing myself.  Not ideal.

I stand by the Mark Bittman recipe.  The dried coconut makes for a nice texture.


My prediction: Pats 14, Dolphins 56

*****

I come from Bay Area
Where mister when you're not tall
They make you a slot receiver
and over the middle you go

Me and Brady we met in Foxboro
When he was just thirty two
We'd ride out of the locker room down to where the synthetic turf was green

I'd go over the middle
And in the practice bubble we'd throw
Oh over the middle we'd drive.

Then I got Ella Rose pregnant
And man that was all she wrote
And for my thirty first birthday I got a Father's Day card and a Super Bowl Ring
We went down to the Government Center
And road around on the duck boats

That night we went over the middle
And into the practice bubble we'd throw
Oh over the middle we did drive, yeah yeah

(harmonica solo)

I got a job catching passes for the Patriot company
But I got a four game suspension on account of the PEDs.

Now all them things that seemed so important
Well mister they vanished right into the air
I appealed my suspension.
But the NFL didn't care.

I used to go over the middle
And into the practice bubble we'd throw
Oh down over the middle we did drive...

-- Julian Springsteen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...