Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - AFC Divisional Playoff Game

The defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots play Marcus Mariota and the Buffalo Bills at Gillette Stadium in the AFC Divisional Playoff round on Saturday January 13th at 8:15 PM.



I love watching Dion Lewis make tacklers miss.  I'll be sad if he's not back next year.

Division Power Rankings:

1) Sub  ("I roll for coolness."  "You rolled a 1.  You have been... CAST OUT!")

2) cellular

3) Joy

4) Long

5) Bell


Since the Patriots were off the last two weeks, let's take a look at the opposition:

1) Derrick Henry (Titans RB) - That's a good baseball player name.  Sounds like a long reliever for the Cardinals.

2) Marcus Mariota (Titans QB) - How many touchdowns will he both throw AND catch?  Nobody knows for sure.

3) Mike Mularkey (Titans coach) - I like using his last name as a curse word.  Very satisfying.


My prediction: Pats 24, Titans 21

(That's if we get Tom Brady from the last month....  If Tom Brady suddenly remembers he's Tom Brady and that he traditionally shreds Dick LeBeau defenses, then 38 - 10)

*****

This week we have Fake Matt Patricia filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

Hello Carbon Based Lifeforms.  I hope this correspondence finds you well.

How were your holidays?  Did you do anything fun?

Who's got two thumbs, a beard, and had some job interviews over the break?  This me!

I met some really interesting people and got the chance to discuss the opportunities available to me.

But to be honest, the highlight of my recent travels was the chance to sample the different craft beers produced locally in each city.

If you've got a seasonal lager or stout that somebody in your city does well, I'll pick up the phone anytime.  Sure!

Looks like I've got a tough decision coming up, you guys.


Fake Matt's Recipe of the Week:

Candied Pecans


Pecans are healthy for you, right?  I mean, sure, the recipe has "candy" in the title.  But other than that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...