Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 10

The defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots play Trevor Siemian Brock Osweiler and the Denver Broncos at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Sunday November 12th and 8:30 PM.

Bennett Power Rankings:

1) Martellus

2) Mags

3) Tony

4) Michael

5) Dickie


1) Martellus Bennett - Marty back?  Marty's back!  Woo hoo!  Wait a minute... Source: Bennett has torn rotator cuff, labrum.  Yikes.

2) James White - Still love me some James White.  He's flying under the radar with 43 receptions already.

3) Trey Flowers - Watch Trey get back onsides before San Diego can snap the ball.  That's great hustle!


My prediction: Pats 31, Broncos 21


*****

This week we have Fake Josh McDaniels filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

What's up, Brolins and Lady Brolins?

WE TRADED JIMMY G?  AND THAT'S ALL WE GOT FOR HIM?!

Jimmy G was my future.  Bill and Tom were going to retire then Jimmy and me were going to take over and win the next six Super Bowls together.

What am I even doing here now?

This is sadder than when The Nice Guys didn't get nominated for Best Picture.


Fake Josh's Josh Jam of the Week:

Belle and Sebastian - I Didn't See It Coming

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...