Skip to main content

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth game of the year at Qualcomm Stadium against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday December 7th at 8:30 PM.

Late Game, everyone.  Try to take a nap on Sunday afternoon if you can.  Unless you live on the West Coast.  I assume you people already sleep 12 hours a day.

Gronk Richshaw

I'm not saying I feel good about it...  There's no such thing as a good loss.  But that loss to Green Bay was at least acceptable.  Non-conference game.  Tough opponent.  On the road.

If you told me the defense would hold the Packers to 26 points at home, I'd haven taken that and been happy with it.

BUT... It took the offense way too long to get in gear.  Still not sure why we couldn't (or wouldn't) run the ball against Green Bay.


Powers Rankings:

1) Austin

2) Boothe

3) Mighty Morphin

4) Super

5) Stefanie


Here are five guys I'm hoping can play on Sunday:

1) Dont'a Hightower - Definitely not a bust.  I may have been too harsh on him last year.  He's having a really good year.  Hope he can go on Sunday.

2) Julian Edelman - Is he hurt, too?  Aww crap.

3) Brandon LaFell - 53 catches and 7 TDs on the year.  He's having a sneaky good season.  Wait... He's hurt, too?  Jeesh.  That was a costly game last week.

4) Chandler Jones - Rumored to be possibly sorta maybe making a return this week.  That would be helpful.

5) Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner - It's amazing how much having 2 good corners completely changes the rest of the defense.  I hope they find a way to bring Revis back next year.


Did Michael Hoomanawanui have a catch last week?

Awww Yiss.

Was Aaron Dobson put on season ending IR last week?

Yes.

(Prediction - Aaron Dobson is never heard from again.)


My prediction: Pats 31, Chargers 24

*****

This week we have Fake Matt Patricia filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

Hello Carbon Based Lifeforms.  Hope your Holiday Shopping is going well.

(Which reminds me... I need to pick up wine and mixed nuts for my Saturnalia celebration next week.)

I'm at the gym on the treadmill.  I've got my headphones on.  Current music: Metropolis Pt.2: Scenes From A Memory.  I need to be transported to other worlds when I work out.

Because otherwise... I just start thinking about the food I'm going to eat when I'm done.  And I'm probably overestimating the number of calories I'm burning.  Thus negating the benefits of getting exercise in the first place.

Pecan pie.  Pulled pork.  Potatoes.  Pancakes.

I forgot where I was going with this story, but... Mmm... Pancakes.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...