Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 2 2026

The New England Patriots play the corpse of Aaron Rodgers and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Gillette on Sunday September 20th at 1:00 PM.

Ahhh... yes. Football. On a Sunday. Much better.


Oh Romeo...

That Seattle defense is just brutal. Going to be having nightmares about them for a while. But also... we didn't do ourselves any favors down the stretch.

Self scouting - how were my "Three Things" picks from last week? A.J. Brown got hurt early in the game. Romeo Doubs dropped a crucial ball late that hit him right in the hands that would have had a major impact on the game. And Lomu didn't play at all on offense.

So... I'll give myself an F + for Week 1.

Over the Garden Wall Power Rankings

1) Gregory (...and that's a rock fact!)

2) Gregory's Frog (man, that frog can sing...)

3) Beatrice

4) Wirt

5) Fred The Horse


Were there any positives from week 1? Here are three things I liked.

1) Christian Gonzalez, CB - They extended him! (Belichick would have traded him for a 2nd round pick in 2028.) 

2) The defense - The defense was pitching a shutout well into the third quarter.

3) Eli Raridon, TE - Rookie tight end Eli Raridon had a touchdown catch in the opener. It would be nice for Maye to have a viable second option at TE.

Bonus item! The return of TreVeyon Henderson RB in week 2!


My prediction: Pats 22, Steelers 19

*****

This week we have Fake Christopher Moltisanti stopping by for a visit.


"No, Tone. The sports book business... It's dead. It's all on the internet now. People betting on their phones. It's corporations and stuff running it. We can't compete with that. I think it's legal, too. I dunno how. That's above my pay grade... We'll have to make that money up somewheres else... Paulie wants to show up at coprorate headquarters with baseball bats and try to  'have a meeting'. Come to some kind of agreement or something. But I don't think that's going to get us anywhere. The Jets? No, I don't think it's their year. Sorry. OK, T. I gotta go. I'll be at the house for dinner on Sunday. Yup. Bye."

*****

Book 6 - Still Available!

Just Monsters by P. Canole

Medium spooky.

100% AI free.

Additional ebooks by P. Canole available here:

https://pcanole.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...