Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 8

 The first place New England Patriots host the Cleveland Browns at Gillette on Sunday October 26th at 1:00 PM.

I am entertained.

I'll admit: I was wrong. Vrabel has been a much better coach than I expected so far. He's got this team playing beyond their talent. They've been fun to watch. And... let's be honest... the upcoming schedule doesn't look too challenging at this point. My expectations have been raised.

Hooper Power Rankings:

1) Matt (he drives the boat)

2) Austin

3) Mr. (Sesame Street)

4) X

5) Tobe


Three Things I liked last week:

1) Rhamondre Stevenson. Do we trust him? Obviously not. But he was certainly better last week.

2) The offensive line. Showing signs of significant improvement. Amazing what a difference a year makes.

3) Kayshon Boutte. Are you getting enough Boutte?


Did the Patriots score 30 points last week?

Yes!

This is becoming a regular thing. I could get used to this.

My prediction: Pats 28, Browns 16

***

Film Pervert Corner - Not a Halloween Movie but Still a Monster Horror Adventure Movie of the Week:

Jaws

Dir. Steven Spielberg. 1975. One of my all time favorites.

*****

This week we have Fake Mayor Vaughn stopping by for a visit.


Listen... Coach... You've got these boys playing well. But you can't take your foot off the gas. Not for one second.

This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy last season.

I'm only trying to say that Foxboro is a fall town. We need fall dollars. Now, if the people can't watch quality football here, they'll be glad to watch at the beaches of Orchard Park, Miami Gardens or East Rutherford.

Now... my re-election campaign is accepting contributions if you'd like to step up. Yes, Venmo is fine.

***

Linfield 1890. Still available.

Just in time for Halloween.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...