Skip to main content

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 8

The first place New England Patriots play Tyrod Taylor and the Buffalo Bills at The Ralph New Era Field on Sunday October 30th at 1:00 PM.


Tailgating preparations are already underway in Orchard Park, NY

Halloween Candy Power Rankings:

1) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

2) Take 5

3) Snickers

4) Peanut M&Ms

5) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (again)

6) Kit Kat


Here's three things I'll be getting defensive about on Sunday:

1) Kyle Van Noy - Welcome aboard new linebacker Kyle Van Noy, acquired this week in a trade from Detroit.  I'm interested to see how the Patriots use him. In his own words, the Lions "didn’t know where to put me."

2) Woodrow Hamilton - Not our 19th President, but you'd be forgiven if you guessed that.

3) Patrick Chung - Chung made some most excellent plays against the Steelers last week.


FREE AGENT WATCH: Has Malcolm Butler, Jamie Collins or Dont'a Hightower been resigned yet?  Not yet!

Did Malcolm Mitchell have a catch last week?  No.  He gave up on a deep ball that was thrown to him.  Brady's not going to like that.  Malcolm might not see any more balls for a while.  Double sad trombones.

My prediction: Pats 31, Bills 21


*****
This week we have Fake Matt Patricia filling in for Fake Bill Belichick.

Hello... uh... Fellow Nerds.

When I'm not working, I like write my own Game of Thrones fan fiction.

My Facebook profile pic is Captain Picard from Star Wars.

I like to listen to Dad Rock at a reasonable volume.

Sometimes I go to Krispy Kreme and ask them to run my beard under the doughnut frosting machine.

I went to rocket science school.  Durrrrr....

Ha ha ha!

Just kidding.  It's Josh.  I'm going as Lunchbox Patricia for Halloween this year.  Just practicing my act.  Pretty spooky, right?

Man, this fake beard is itchy.  I'm going to last about 5 minutes in this thing.

Happy Halloween, tools!  I totally had you fooled there for a minute.  I wish I could see your faces right now.

Until next time... take it easy, Brahs.

JAY MICK DEE OUT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...