Skip to main content

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 12

The Patriots play their eleventh game of the year at Gillette Stadium against the Detroit Lions on Sunday November 23 at 1:00 PM.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Western New York. Mostly because they have to watch the Bills every week.  But also because of the weather.

Game ball to Jonas Gray.  Obviously.



Thursday plans


Pie Power Rankings:

1) Apple Pie

2) Pecan Pie

3) Blueberry Pie

4) Crack Pie

5) Chocolate Cream Pie


Honorable mention to the Tollhouse Cookie Pie thing they have at Gregg's in Providence.  I don't know if it's technically pie, but it sure is tasty.

Here are five guys I'm looking forward to watching on Sunday:

1) Jonas Gray - I'm guessing we won't see quite as much Jonas Gray this week.  But wow... What a game.

2) Jamie Collins - Collins was all over the place last week.

3) Rob Gronkowski - Is he fun to watch or what?  I'm calling it now.  He's not just the best Patriots Tight End ever...  He's the best Tight End of all time.  You're free to disagree with me... But you'd be wrong.

4) The Offensive Line - Much, much better on this winning streak.  I am relieved.  I especially liked when they went heavy with an extra tackle and ran all over Indy.

5) LeGarrette Blount - Welcome back,  LeGarrette Blount.  Try to at least stick around for the whole game this time.


My prediction: Pats 27, Lions 17

*****
This week we have Fake Josh McDaniels filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

What up, Bros and Lady Bros?

So I'm getting my squats on at the Temple of Brodin achieving new levels of swole, (ed., lifting weights maybe?) and who I do I see out of the corner of my eye... Is that Silent Bob?  Why it's Matt Patricia!  On a treadmill!

     Me:  What are you doing in here?

     Matt: Oh... You know... Too much Halloween candy.  And Thanksgiving is next week.

     Me: Have you been properly instructed on the use of this machine?

     Matt: Yes, Josh.  I know how to use a treadmill.

     Me: OK.  Don't get too skinny.  I like you large.  I don't want you able to sneak up on me.

I goof on the guy... But I actually respect him.  I mean... Defense is still for tools.  But when Bill retires and hands the reins over to me, I might let Panda Express stick around.  He can get my coffees and fix my laptop and stuff.

He just can't pick the music for practice.  None of that nerdy Rush stuff.

I better send him a pie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 15

The New England Patriots play The Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field on Sunday December 16th at 4:25 PM. Plenty of positive takeaways from last week... well, until the last play (Gronk didn’t want to get in the way of a 69 yard touchdown). Gronk shouldn't have been out there on the last play.  There's no way a gimpy Tannehill was going to chuck one 70 yards.  Harrumph. Powers Power Rankings: 1) Boothe 2) Austin 3) Stephanie 4) Vested in me 5) Bleeding  6) (Irish whiskey) Here are three things I'm feeling good about this week: 1) Josh Gordon - Gordon has been better than expected so far.  Can you imagine the numbers Gordon could have put up if he had been here his whole career (and, well, sober)?  Guh. 2) James White - James White rules. 3) Jacob Hollister - I thought this was going to be Hollister's breakout year...  So far, he has 4 catches for the season.  There's still time! Did Rob Gronkowski play last week...