Skip to main content

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 9

The Patriots play their ninth game of the year at Gillette against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday November 3rd at 4:25 PM.

Weird win last week.  I can't ever remember a football game where the 1st half and the 2nd half were so drastically different.

Despite losing bodies left and right, the defense continues to step up.  I have no idea how they're doing it.

Does Brady have a broken hand / finger?  Is that what's going on here?  How long has that been going on?  That would explain a lot.  Not everything.  But a lot.

Halloween Candy Power Rankings:

1) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

2) Kit Kat

3) Snickers

4) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (again)

5) M&Ms

Also... Screw "fun sized" candy.  All that does is make me eat 7 of them.  Not cool, guys.


Didn't drop that one.


Here's five guys I'll be watching this week as I recover from my Halloween candy hangover:

1) Stevan Ridley - Wondering why they're not giving him more carries.  Maybe they're saving him for later in the season?  Does that make any sense?

2) Stephen Gostkowski - Quietly having an excellent season again this year.  Just won AFC Special Teams Player of the Month for October.

3) Aaron Dobson - Fewer drops last week!  Dobson seems to have passed Thompkins on the depth chart.

4 and 5) Devin McCourty and Marquice Cole - This play was one of the best two man interceptions I've ever seen.


Did Michael Hoomanawanui have a catch last week?

No.

/sad trombone

(Just going to keep that sad trombone locked and loaded for a while.  Hoo-man probably isn't going to see  many targets now that now that Gronk is back out there.)


My prediction: Pats 17, Steelers 14

My prediction (Season): 10 - 6


*****

This week we have Fake Josh McDaniels filling for Fake Bill Belichick.

What up, Bros and Lady Bros?

Big win AGAIN last week.  Never get tired of those.

The Josh made some halftime adjustments.  I'm pushing all the right buttons.

And I'm not supposed to talk about Brady's hand, but let's just say it wasn't exactly a football injury

/dismissive wanking motion

What did The Josh give out for Halloween this year?  Not free candy, that's for damn sure.

If you came to Josh's pad, you got a list of problems with your costume and ways you could make it better.  Then, if you went home and made those changes and came back within 10 minutes, you could have a piece of candy.

You could also earn a piece of candy if you do the Thriller dance.  (Don't judge.  Josh loves him some MJ.)  But you have to do the WHOLE THING.

Anwayway... Didn't end up giving out that much candy that night.  The next day there seemed to be a whole bunch of broken eggs in my driveway.  If I catch the kids who did it, we're going to have words.

Until next time... take it easy, Brahs.

JAY MICK DEE OUT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Things to Watch This Week - Week 14

The Patriots play their thirteenth regular season game at home (!) against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday December 13th at 1:00 PM at Gillette Stadium. Oh man...  I picked a hell of a year to start a Patriots blog... I feel like I'm chronicling the Fall of the Roman Empire. The offense looks stale.  The defense went from "young and fast" to "inexperienced". And a big part of the problem is... (gulp)... Brady.  He looks too predictable out there at times.  Welker is making him better at this point. Here's what I think is going on:   - Some of the creativity is gone from the offense.  Bill O'Brien is no Josh McDaniels   - Nobody is stepping up after Welker and Moss.  Sam Aiken is nice special teamer / 4th or 5th receiver, but they could actually use a Gaffney or a Stallworth.   - Brady has got a baby on the way (UPDATE - he just had a boy).  Don't laugh.  He looked like crap last time he had a kid coming.  (To...

Five Things to Watch This Week.

By Patty O'Tool The Patriots play their fourth preseason game at home against the New York Giants on Thursday, September 3rd at 7:30 PM Oh man, do I hate the Giants. I still wake up thinking about how close we were to 19 and 0. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Here's five things I'll be watching for on Thursday: 1) Tom Brady. How well does he hold the clipboard on the sideline? Does he hold it with his left hand or his right hand? Will he be in uniform or street clothes? These are the big questions for #12 tonight. 2) Laurence Maroney . OK, kid. I've been apologizing for you for three years now. Show me something. 3) Joey Galloway. I have no emotional attachment to this guy. I could care less if makes the team. He looks like crap out there so far. 4) Linebackers. Bruschi's gone. We're young and fast now. But are we any good ? 5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis. This might be the last time we see him a Patriots uniform. If he gets cut, som...

Three Things to Watch This Week - Week 3

The New England Patriots play Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on Sunday September 23rd at 8:20 PM. Gordon Power Rankings 1) Cole 2) Flash 3) Kim 4) Levitt 5) Sumner 6) (Sesame Street) 7) Lightfoot 8) Shumway 9) Emily v 10) Hayword 11) the Big Engine 12) Jump 13) Josh (Who knew there were so many Gordons!) Here's three things I'm worried about for Sunday evening: 1) The secondary - Eric Rowe isn't making me forget about Malcolm Butler any time soon.  Assuming the Lions have changed their signals by now . Stafford might be able to throw all over the place on them.  Concerns.  I have them.  2) Tom Brady - TB12 got beat up pretty good last week, didn't he?  There was no rhythm (Did I spell that right?  "Rhythm"?  That doesn't look right.) .  I'd like to see some long sustained drives. 3) Sony Michel - With Jeremy Hill out on injured reserve, the Patriots started to work first round pick Sony...